Deputy Webmaster &
Cloud Services Manager.
Short-term Length Contract With The Possibility of Extension
The Scientific and Medical Network (SMN) https://scientificandmedical.net is looking for a person with sound technical and communicative skills to assist with all aspects of the running of its internet presence, including the provision of technical support and maintenance of servers and cloud services.
The SMN is an educational charity that operates internationally in a virtual environment without a physical office.
We are looking for someone who shares the interests and values of the SMN.
Salary range: £18k – £22k pro-rata dependent upon experience, plus travel and subsistence if required to work away from home.
Location: Work from home (access to a fast broadband connection is necessary).
Hours: First 4-6 months at 35 hours / week. Including on-call at weekends for technical support. Hours may reduce after this point unless new major projects are authorised.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
Information Retrieval And Archive Project
- Consolidation and cataloguing of data from various sources into easily retrievable archives depending upon data type and access privileges:
- Data types will include: Videos, Audio, Articles and Papers, Corporate Information.
- Access privileges might include: Public, Member Only, Administration and Board Members
- Data is currently available from: Google Drives, Dropbox, YouTube, Vimeo, current and previous websites, personal computers, recording media.
- Creation of policies and processes for ongoing archiving, cataloguing and managing of data and digital media.
- Work with management team to design and maintain an effective future-proof storage solution for all SMN digital files and media.
- Website Maintenance
- Regularly monitor WordPress, WordPress Plugins and Backups for issues, ensuring that they are up to date and not subject to security risks.
- Apply Linux server updates.
- Assist existing members of the Web Team to carry out routine front-end work such as creating and maintaining web pages, managing digital media files and implementing new solutions to meet the SMN’s developing members’ needs.
- Monitoring of Transaction Logs
- Ensuring website booking, membership subscription and other financial transactions are operating properly.
- Ensure best practice for security across the organisation.
- Ensure security patches are applied in a timely fashion.
- Check security logs for potential issues.
- Maintain awareness of emerging threats and mitigations.
- Member Technical Support
- Provide IT support and assistance for members and non-members using the website and other services.
- Development and maintain a knowledge base of technical issues and resolutions.
- Qualifications and experience
- Candidates will be expected to be qualified to degree level with good communication skills. A final year student of a relevant degree would be acceptable.
- Experienced in the use of deductive logic to track down faults and propose solutions.
- Knowledge of the following would be ideal:
- Linux command line (Ubuntu/Centos)
- MariaDB (MySQL)
- Other Skills
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Good written and spoken communication skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- A calm and professional manner;
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to carry out several tasks at the same time;
- Experience of analysing information and presenting reports in a clear and simple way, including charts, graphs etc. (Microsoft Excel);
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work;
- Ability to use own initiative;
- Tact and discretion for dealing with confidential information