The Scientific and Medical Network (SMN) is looking for a trustworthy, easy-going individual to help out with the backend server maintenance. Your role will be to provide support in case the current server administrator isn’t available and the server needs attention.
If you are passionate about server maintenance, know your way around the command line, can debug and fix problems to keep services up and running, fully support the SMN vision, are open to learning and sharing knowledge, then check out the details below and get in touch. You could soon be part of our team!
Basic rate is £20 / hour.
Training will be provided to familiarise you with the existing backend setup.
- Troubleshoot any server issues
- Keep the webserver and database up and running
- Flexibility to be on call, forming part of our team to provide 24/7 cover
- Suggest ideas to improve server operation
- Follow security principles
Requirements and Skills
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of Unix server management (Ubuntu/Debian)
- Experience with web development in WordPress (PHP, MySQL) is a big plus!
- Ability to communicate honestly and work in a team
- Driven by cause rather than money