Who Am I?

• Posted by Martin Redfern on 9 September 2023 at 4:10 pm

This is the quote read out last week from HH Shantanand Saraswati, published in ‘Good Company’ by The Study Society.

Who am I?

If you begin to be what you are, you will realise everything, but to begin to be what you are, you must come out of what you are not. You are not those thoughts which are turning, turning in your mind; you are not those changing feelings; you are not the different decisions you make and the different wills you have; you are not that separate ego.

Well then, what are you? You will find when you have come out of what you are not, that the ripple on the water is whispering to you “I am That”, the birds in the trees are singing to you “I am That”, the Moon and the stars are shining beacon is to you “I am That”. You are in everything in the world and everything in the world is reflected in you, and at the same time you are That — everything.

Tonya Reed replied 7 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies

Lee Strasburger

12 September 2023 at 11:04 pm

I loved this quote and thank you so much Martin for typing it up for us here as an offering. Everything about our group leaves me smiling, just like these lovely words published here for us all. XO

Tonya Reed

17 September 2023 at 1:21 pm

Excellent! Martin, Thank you for posting. 🙂